In honor of the first full day of summer, I am reblogging this from my Tumblr. =)
The following are reasons why I love this particular season:
- Sunshine. Okay, we know that. 😉
- Sweet and soothing drinks and fruits. Watermelon, anyone?
- Singing the scores of Broadway shows at performance level in my car, and not caring a bit about the reactions of other drivers.
- Savoring daily bicycle rides around the neighborhood with my mom. 🙂
- Stretching again and getting back in my dancing groove.
- Shaping up with more ZUMBA!
- Staring at the blissfully blue sky.
- Spotting shapes in the clouds, if any dare to intrude upon my blue sky.
- Starting rehearsals for The Marvelous Wonderettes and later, A Streetcar Named Desire.
- Staying up late to watch incessant reruns of The Golden Girls.
- Scheduling a family vacation in July!
- Swimming at the Olympic Club in the afternoons.
- Seeing old friends and meeting new ones.
- Searching for random adventures and pleasant distractions.
- Seeking fulfillment from my internship.
- Saying “No” once in a while.
- Slowing down to enjoy life.
- Simplifying and eliminating unnecessary distractions.
- Sighing when another summer is over.